About CA FBLA
California FBLA is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) co-curricular Career Technical Student Organization (CTSO) committed to preparing today's students for success in business leadership. With over 60 years' experience, California FBLA is the premiere organization for student leaders.
California FBLA is an affiliate of Future Business Leaders of America - Phi Beta Lambda, Inc. - the largest student business organization in the world with more than 225,000 members. The California state chapter consists of six geographical sections, each with their own student leadership team, projects, competitive events, and conferences: Bay Section, Central Section, Gold Coast Section, Inland Section, Northern Section, and Southern Section.
FBLA is an important partner in the success of school Career Technical Education (CTE) course pathways, school-to-work programs, business education curriculums, and student leadership development. FBLA is recognized by the U.S. Departments of Education and Labor as an integral part of a co-curricular approach to business and leadership education.
The FBLA Mission is to bring business and education together in a positive working relationship through innovative leadership and career development programs. We bring our mission to life through the application of our Motto: Service, Education, and Progress.
- Develop competent, aggressive business leadership
- Strengthen confidence of students in themselves and their work
- Create interest in and understanding of American business enterprise
- Encourage development of individual projects to improve home, business, and community
- Facilitate the transition from school to work
- Assist students in the establishment of career goals
- Encourage scholarship and promote school loyalty
- Encourage and practice sound financial management
- Develop character, prepare for useful citizenship, and foster patriotism
National FBLA-PBL California Department of Education Association for Career Technical Education California CTE Online