PARTNERSHIP WITH BUSINESS PROJECT
Category: Prejudged Reports & Presentation
Two (2) parts: a prejudged report and a presentation. Competitors must complete both parts for award eligibility. This project describes activities designed to bring business leaders and FBLA members together in a positive working relationship through innovative programs. The report should describe the planning and implementation of activities that build a partnership between business leaders and chapter members for the purpose of learning about a business. This event should not be a chapter fund-raising project.
Skills: The purpose of this project is to learn about a business through communication and interaction with the business community.
Eligibility: Members representing their chapter in the presentation component of this event may also compete in up to two individual and/or team events.
State: Each local chapter may submit one (1) entry.
National: The top four (4) places at the state competition will represent California at the National Leadership Conference.
Event Specific Guidelines:
Demonstrate the development and implementation of an innovative, creative, and effective partnership plan. Include:
- Description of the partnership goals and planning activities.
- Roles of business leaders and chapter members in developing and implementing the partnership .
- Results, concepts learned, and impact of the project.
- Provide degree of involvement (hours spent, personal contact, executives and department heads contacted).
- Examples of publicity and recognition received as a result of the partnership.
- Presentation team may consist of one to three of the chapter's members.
The top eight (8) chapters with the highest prejudged report score will compete in the presentation portion of the event with up to three (3) members.
Equipment Setup: 5 min
Performance: 7 min
Warning: 6 min
Time Up: 7 min
Penalty Over Time: 5 pts
Q & A: 3 min
Submission: Project must be submitted online in Blue Panda as a PDF.
Submission Deadline: 11:59 pm March 19, 2021. Conference registration of chapter presenters is required for project to be judged and changes can me made up to final day of conference registration. Missing the deadline or failure to register for the conference will forfeit chapter participation. Hint: Allow for plenty of time to upload your work.
JUDGING: Judges will use the rating sheets (prejudged or presentation) to score competitors. The panel of judges evaluating prejudged materials may not necessarily be the same panel evaluating the presentations. All decisions of the judges are final.
GUIDELINES (It is highly recommended that competitors read all guidelines)
General Report Guidelines
General (All Events)
General Competition Tips
- Prejudged (search for Partnership with Project Report rating sheet)
- Presentation (search for Partnership with Project Performance rating sheet)
- Career Development
- Information Technology
- Business Management & Administration
- Information Techology
- Marketing, Sales, & Service