INDIVIDUAL/TEAM ROLE PLAY EVENTS
- Banking & Financial Systems
- Client Service
- Global Business
- Help Desk
- Hospitality Management
- Management Decision Making
- Management Information Systems
- Network Design
- Parlimentary Procedure
- Sports & Entertainment Management
Overview: These events consist of two (2) parts: an objective test (section and state levels) and a role play presentation component (state level only). Competitors are required to complete both parts for award eligibility at the state level.
Finalists: The Top five (5) or eight (8) teams with the highest objective test score at the state conference will compete in the role play presentation portion of the event. Competitors will be given a case study involving a problem outlining the understanding and awareness of the event-specific competencies. Check your individual event for specifics on finalists.
Performance Guidelines (SLC Only)
- Two (2) 4"x6" note cards will be provided to each competitor and may be used during event preparation and performance. Information may be written on both sides of the note cards. Note cards will be collected following the presentation.
- No additional reference materials allowed.
- Turn off all electronic devices.
- Individuals/teams should introduce themselves, describe the situation, make their recommendations, and summarize their cases.
- If participating as a team, all team members are expected to actively participate in the performance.
- All questions raised in the case must be addressed during the presentation.
- Objective test scores will be used to break a tie.
- Final performances are open to conference attendees. Audience members must follow the conference dress code.