SOCIAL MEDIA CAMPAIGN
Category: Prejudged Project & Presentation
Type: Individual or Team
OVERVIEW: This event consists of two (2) parts: a prejudged project and a presentation at the conference. Finalists are required to complete both parts for award eligibility.
ELIGIBILITY: No more than one (1) team member may have competed in this event at a prior NLC or have competed more than two (2) years at the national level. A participant may compete as an individual their first year. However if competing a second year, the participant must be part of a team.
STATE: Each local chapter may submit one (1) entry created by either an individual or a team of two(2) or three (3).
NATIONAL: The top four (4) places in the state competition will represent California at the National Leadership Conference. NOTE: Some SLC top-10 competitors will become eligible for the national conference as a result of drops. Make sure you get early approval from your parents to attend the National Conference so you will be in a position to say "yes" to your adviser if you are "bumped up".
TOPIC: Financial literacy is important for financial health in the future. Plan a social media campaign to increase an FBLA member’s knowledge of finances and the impact of personal financial literacy training. (NOTE: No live social media accounts should be created for this event.)
SKILLS: Social media marketing is a form of Internet marketing that utilizes social networking websites as a marketing tool. The goal is to produce content that users will share with their social networks to help a company increase brand exposure and broaden customer reach. This event provides recognition to FBLA members who can most effectively demonstrate skill in the area of social media marketing.
EVENT SPECIFIC GUIDELINES:
- Effectively address a recruitment opportunity and a strategic approach to target audience.
- Topic is addressed effectively and is appropriate for the audience.
- Campaign has high level of engagement and interactivity: Likes, shares, retweets, RSVPs, etc.
- Demonstrates knowledge of social media marketing beyond community management, including but not limited to: developing unique content, effectively utilizing existing content, optimizing content for search, and distributing content across as many platforms as possible within a limited budget.
- Describe any applicable insight/research methodology as to why you have chosen specific platforms, messaging, content, engagement and outreach strategies.
- Overall campaign—images, videos, copywriting, graphic designs (if applicable)—is creative and appealing.
- Final product indicates a clear thought process, a well-formulated campaign, and execution of a firm idea.
- Effectively communicate required information and drive the campaign toward a clear call-to-action.
- Comply with state and federal copyright laws.
Submission: Project must be submitted online as a URL. See Competitive Events Overview for submission forms. Statement of Assurance is included on the Submission Form.
Submission Deadline: February 28 by 11:59 pm. Conference registration is required for work to be judged. Missing the deadline will forfeit competitor participation. Hint: Allow for plenty of time to upload your work.
FINALISTS: The top eight (8) individuals or teams with the highest prejudged score will participate in the presentation portion of this event.
- Equipment Setup: 5 min (if exceeded, the amount of time exceeded will be deducted from the presentation time)
- Performance: 7 min
- Warning: 6 min
- Time Up: 7 min
- Penalty Over Time: 5 pts
- Q & A: Judges will conduct a three (3) minute question-answer period.
JUDGING: Judges will use the rating sheets (prejudged, presentation) to score competitors. The panel of judges evaluating prejudged materials may not necessarily be the same panel evaluating the presentations. All decisions of the judges are final.
Rating Sheet (prejudged)
Rating Sheet (performance)
GUIDELINES: (It is highly recommended that competitors read all guidelines)
Prejudged Project with Presentation
General (All Events)
General Competitive Tips