TOPIC: Your company has been hired to create the name for a new and upcoming music artist/band. You and/or your team will develop publication items for the new artist/band. You and/or your team will create the name and logo of the artist/band. In addition, an event poster, an event banner, an event venue setup/layout, and a news release must be created.
SKILLS: This event provides recognition to FBLA members who can most effectively demonstrate skills in the area of print publication using creativity and decision-making skills.
Event Specific Guidelines:
- The event is to highlight print publications.
- Visual aids and samples specifically related to the project may be used in the presentation; however, no items may be left with the judges or audience.
- Competitors may bring copies of printed materials designed for presentation.
- Comply with state and federal copyright laws.
- The presentation should include the team’s objective toward the topic; use of different design techniques; a list of software used; and copyright issues with images or other items.
- Equipment Setup: Five (5) minutes will be allowed to set up equipment or presentation items. If five (5) minutes is exceeded, the amount of time exceeded will be deducted from the presentation time.
- Performance: 7 min
- Warning: 6 min
- Time Up: 7 min
- Penalty Over Time: 5 pts
- Q & A: Judges will conduct a three (3) minute question-answer period.
Submission: Project must be submitted online as a PDF. See Competitive Events Overview for submission forms.
Submission Deadline: February 28 by 11:59 pm. Conference registration is required for work to be judged. Missing the deadline will forfeit competitor participation. Hint: Allow for plenty of time to upload your work.
JUDGING: Judges will use the rating sheets (prejudged, presentation) to score competitors. The panel of judges evaluating prejudged materials may not necessarily be the same panel evaluating the presentations. All decisions of the judges are final.
GUIDELINES: (It is highly recommended that competitors read all guidelines)
Presentation with Equipment
Prejudged Project with Presentation
General (All Events)
General Competitive Tips
- Information Technology
- Arts, A/V Technology, & Communication
- Business Management & Administration
- Information Techology
- Marketing, Sales, & Service