Category: Prejudged Project & Presentation
Type: Individual or Team
OVERVIEW: This event consists of two (2) parts: a prejudged project (CA SLC only) and a demonstraton at the conference. Competitors are required to complete both parts for award eligibility. Note: NLC no longer requires a prejudged project; only a demonstration of the project at the preliminary and final presentatons.
ELIGIBILITY: No more than one (1) team member may have competed in this event at a prior NLC or have competed more than two (2) years at the national level. However if competing a second year, the participant must be part of a team.
STATE: Each local chapter may submit one (1) entry created by either an individual or a team of two(2) or three (3). For prejudging, submit the URL to your website. Also submitted should be your Statement of Assurance.
NATIONAL: The top four (4) places in the state competition will representate California at the National Leadership Conference. NOTE: Some SLC top-10 competitors will become eligible for the national conference as a result of drops. Make sure you get early approval from your parents to attend the National Conference so you will be in a position to say "yes" to your adviser if you are "bumped up".
TOPIC: Create an E-Business website for a new school store/school-based enterprise at your school that will also do business online. The new store should specifically address your school and demographics. (updated 11-21-2020)
The site should include:
- Store name and logo
- Items for sale, including pictures and descriptions
- Purchasing and delivery/pick up information
- A shopping cart
- Social media links art, and social media links. (NOTE: No live social media accounts should be created for this event.)
SKILLS: This event recognizes FBLA members who have developed proficiency in the creation and design of web commerce sites.
EVENT SPECIFIC GUIDELINES
- Websites must be available for viewing on the Internet at the time of judging.
- No changes may be made to the website after the official entry date.
- Sites should be designed to allow for viewing on as many different platforms as possible.
- If using a shopping cart, it does not need to be activated.
- Explanations should include development and design process, use and implementation of innovative technology, and use and development of media elements.
- The website should be shown to the judges.
- Equipment Setup: 5 min (if exceeded, the amount of time exceeded will be deducted from the presentation time)
- Performance: 7 min
- Warning: 6 min
- Time Up: 7 min
- Penalty Over Time: 5 pts
- Q & A: Judges will conduct a three (3) minute question-answer period.
Submission: Project must be submitted in Blue Panda as a URL to your website.
Submission Deadline: February 28 by 11:59 PST. Conference registration is required for work to be judged. Missing the deadline will forfeit competitor participation. Hint: Allow for plenty of time to upload your work.
FINALISTS: The top eight (8) individuals or teams with the highest prejudged score will participate in the presentation portion of this event. Competitors are responsible for showing the website to the judges.
JUDGING: Judges will use the rating sheets (prejudged, presentation) to score competitors. The panel of judges evaluating prejudged materials may not necessarily be the same panel evaluating the presentations. All decisions of the judges are final.
GUIDELINES (It is highly recommended that competitors read all guidelines)
Prejudged Project with Presentation
General (All Events)
General Competitive Tips
- Economics & Personal Finance
- Information Technology
- Business Management & Administration
- Information Techology
- Marketing, Sales, & Service