SPEAKING EVENT GUIDELINES
- Develop competent, aggressive business leadership.
- Strengthen the confidence of students in themselves and their work.
- Create more interest in and understanding of the American business enterprise.
- Encourage members in the development of individual projects that contribute to the improvement of home, business, and community.
- Develop character, prepare for useful citizenship, and foster patriotism.
- Encourage and practice efficient money management.
- Encourage scholarship and promote school loyalty.
- Assist students in the establishment of occupational goals.
- Facilitate the transition from school to work.
- Competitors must prepare speeches. Advisers and others are not permitted to help.
- Handouts or other visual aids are not allowed.
Penalty Points Deducted by Judges
- Penalty points will be given if the speech is 30 seconds under or over the allocated time.
- Five (5) points may be deducted for not following guidelines.