FBLA members currently enrolled in grades 6-10 are eligible to compete in this event. A participant who has placed first at the State Leadership Conference may not compete again.
OVERVIEW: This event consists of reciting the FBLA Creed. A "proof of grade level" must be sent to your Section Director prior to the Section Conference. GRADE LEVEL MUST BE HIGHLIGHTED OR CIRCLED. (Exception: Middle School members)
SECTION: Each local chapter may enter one (1) member.
STATE: The first place winner in section competition will represent their section at the State Leadership Conference. The first place winner at SLC will be notified prior to reciting the FBLA Creed at the Awards of Excellence Program.
- I believe education is the right of every person.
- I believe the future depends on mutual understanding and cooperation among business, industry, labor, religious, family and educational institutions, as well as people around the world. I agree to do my utmost to bring about understanding and cooperation among all of these groups.
- I believe every person should prepare for a useful occupation and carry on that occupation in a manner that brings the greatest good to the greatest number.
- I believe every person should actively work toward improving social, political, community and family life.
- I believe every person has the right to earn a living at a useful occupation.
- I believe every person should take responsibility for carrying out assigned tasks in a manner that brings credit to self, associates, school and community.
- I believe I have the responsibility to work efficiently and to think clearly. I promise to use my abilities to make the world a better place for everyone.
- The FBLA Creed must be memorized using spoken English only and presented verbatim.
- No reference materials, handouts, or visual aids may be used.
- This event is not open to conference attendees for observation.
A panel of judges will use the rating sheet to score competitors. All decisions of the judges are final.