INTERVIEW EVENT GUIDELINES
- Competitors must bring one (1) hard copy of résumé and cover letter, to be left with the judges, in a folder to each round of interviews onsite.
- Label folders with the event title, competitor's name, state, and school. Include the competitor’s name on all pages submitted. Hint: Use a manila folder and on the tab enter information requested.
- Résumés should be brief, not exceeding two (2) pages. Photographs are not allowed.
- Competitors will be scheduled for a ten (10) minute interview at the section conference.
- Finalists at the SLC will be scheduled for a ten (10) minute interview (Job Interview) or a fifteen (15) minute interview (FBL).
- Interviews are not open to conference attendees.
- FBLA: Objective test scores will be used to break a tie in the final round.
- Cover letters and résumés will be prejudged for maximum of 50 points to be added to the interview score.
Penalty Points Deducted by Judges
- Five (5) points will be deducted from the score if competitors do no submit materials by the deadline.
- Five (5) points are deducted if competitors do not follow the dress code.
- Five (5) points may be deducted for not following guidelines.