GENERAL PERFORMANCE GUIDELINES
General Performance Guidelines
Up to 10 competitors/teams will advance to the final round at the State Leadership Conference. In the case of team events, all team competitors are expected to actively participate in the performance.
Competitors cannot be replaced or substituted for prejudged project events. Exception: Chapter Events—American Enterprise Project, Community Service Project, and Partnership with Business Project. For more detailed information, see Substitutions in the General Event Guidelines.
All competitors must comply with the FBLA‑PBL dress code. Name badges are part of the dress code, however may be removed after check-in.
Prejudged materials and résumés will not be returned.
The following will be provided for the final round of technology presentation events that allow viewing: power source and table. It is up to final round competitors to bring their own laptop, projector, long extension cord, and any other cords needed to present the project.
- Internet access will NOT be provided for Presentation Events.
- Competitors may use a hot spot for Internet access, however we cannot guarantee that it will work. Extra time will not be granted for internet setup.
- Five (5) minutes of equipment setup time is provided if applicable to the event. If competitors exceed the five (5) minutes, the amount of time exceed will be deducted from the presentation time.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal communication.
- Display effective decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Express self-confidence and poise.
- Work well as a team when applicable.
- Exhibit logic and systematic understanding.
- Conduct a professional business presentation.
- Answer questions effectively (when applicable).
Penalty Points Deducted by Judges
- Five (5) points are deducted if competitors do not follow the dress code.
- Five (5) points may be deducted for presentations over the allotted time.
- Five (5) points may be deducted for not following guidelines.
- Final performances are open to conference attendees, space permitting (except for creed and interview events).
- Finalists may not view other competitors’ performances in their event.
- All electronic devices must be turned off and put away out of site. You will be asked to leave if using an electronic device.
- Recording performances is prohibited.
- Audience members are not permitted to interact with judges.
- All attendees must follow the dress code and wear their name badge.